• You can also find the home of the

Aftermath Mod here

http://snej.org/forum/index.php?board=674.0
gfx gfx
gfx
December 11, 2017, 05:52:06 PM
gfx gfx
gfx* Home Help Search Login Registergfx

Author Topic: Eastern Sun Rises  (Read 1061 times)

Offline metalistas

• Bloodwitch
Re: Eastern Sun Plugins
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2017, 06:31:46 PM »

Offline AlphATopic starter

• The Summoner
Re: Eastern Sun Plugins
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2017, 05:52:58 AM »
Nice find. However another guy on PK already found it some time ago. The Name will be changed in the next version.

Edit2: Created a Discord Server: https://discord.gg/FwvF3Xy

Patch is up on github Eastern Sun 5.1c. Please follow those instructions to install the mod. People already installed the mod obviously can skip Step 1.

Step 1: Install the ES Com version which can be found on the Snejportal.
Step 2: Remove all Tokens, Weapons with Quantity, Keys, Tome of Townportal and Tome of Identify (if you wanna keep all items with Quantity, go to D2Mod.ini and change SaveBits=14 to SaveBits=9. However, you wont be able to play with people who have a different value.
Step 3: Copy all files from this folder directly into the ES Com folder. You should overwrite some files.
Step 4: Remove Utility.dll, D2AnimatedItems.dll and Statfix.dll (from previous patches)
Step 5: If you can load your Character, delete the charname.d2x file
Step 6: Replace all Damage Augmenters with new ones

Edit: Released a small hotfix. Please redownload the data folder and the d2mod.ini and D2Bufficons.dll. It should work now for everyone, Mnw1995 fixed a bug that caused a crash relateded to statfix.dll and D2SmallUtility.dll In case its not working. Update/Install Visual Studio 15.

Cheers
AlphA
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 03:06:44 PM by AlphA »

• The Summoner
Re: Eastern Sun Rises
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2017, 06:40:53 PM »
Sky, thaison aka vietnam and maks aka aught agreed to help out with the mod.  Thaison will help out with code edits. maks will rework all skills plus new ones and also add new itemstats. dont know about what to expect yet either:P. sky and me gonna work on the base item system and rework the cubemain alongside misc items. once a we have a playable version, we will release a beta. I might release another smaller patch in the meantime. The finial version might appear quite different to what ES is now. We will keep iconic things but will also see great change.

If you wanna know more and give your feedback join our discord. Feel free to ask any questions.  https://discord.gg/FwvF3Xy

Edit: Uploaded a small bugfix regarding throwing weapons. Please replace your data folder. Also for anyone who didnt notice. Bufficons.dll finally work.
Edit2: Released another small patch. Check discord or github.

Cheers
AlphA
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 12:23:56 PM by AlphA »

Offline the_bogan

• Little Pickpocket
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2017, 12:44:28 AM »
Hi Alpha,

Thanks for the github link.
I tried downloading the 5b link at the top of this topic, and it would let me create a character, but then crash with a pocket size error when entering a game.
The 5d github works fine though.

• The Summoner
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2017, 08:09:55 AM »
For everbody having trouble setting up the mod. I made a complete D2SE Plugin.

Edit: Removed. Please read the readme and visit the discord if you have trouble with setting up the mod.

Cheers
AlphA
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 01:06:47 PM by AlphA »

Offline metalistas

• Bloodwitch
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2017, 10:39:06 AM »
My current progress with this mod. Almost lvl 95. Found this amazing jewel and with it's proc i can farm p8 most of areas safely. But large charms are now dropping only magic quality. Not sure maybe it's just my luck with rng.

A couple of suggestions:
3 x coupons = unique with some sockets. I would like to see this a bit different. Each difficulty drops it's own tokens, but they all are blank. And to make an unique item one uses a recipe > base item + X blank tokens = unique item + sockets. Base item - random non unique/set item. Each difficulty gets own blank tokens. Sockets depend on difficulty, normal 1-6, nightmare 1-4, hell 1-2.
Recipe to turn unique/set item into token depending on item lvl.
Removing those double lines for affixes/preffixes on items (no more 2x max dmg)

• The Summoner
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2017, 12:06:12 PM »
Being able to clean everything on p8 without forging or dstoning equipment show a few things about the current modversion:P. The jewel is supposed to speed things up to give melee chars a similar speed as casters. Thanks for your suggestion. I personally dislike the option to create any kind of uniques via recipe. Even further reduce their uniqueness. Adding more sockets would make things even more OP as they are now.

For the next major version I wanna remove coupons altogether and any other way to create a unique item (act5 questreward). Along side a complete skill rework we will rework all base items and as a result all uniques/sets/runewords etc. Aught/Maks is currently doing the skill overhaul and Sky/Max and me working on the base items. A more in detailed versions can be found here: Ideas - Eastern Sun Rises

Removing those double lines for affixes/preffixes on items (no more 2x max dmg)

Got an example for that? Beside, thanks for sharing your progress with us and bringing some life to this thread:).

On a unrelated note, Perfect Cell came back to Eastern Sun:P.

Cheers
AlphA

Offline metalistas

• Bloodwitch
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2017, 10:01:26 PM »
Well, being able to do stuff on p8 with end game char is ok in my opinion. And my current paladin is probably considered to be and game char. Level over 90, all nice unique/set equipment + unique and rare charms. Some mobs in Naraku levels can few shot me down, probably because they do magic atacks and my magic resists is low/non existant ? Any suggestions for xp farming ? Currently doing cows + act 2 cows and Andariels, Duriels and Harpies. Seems like harpies give best xp but their debuff is annoying for melee char.

Double lines example:

Random screens of paladin/assassin gameplay:

• The Summoner
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2017, 07:59:50 AM »
Depends how fast you are. Best and most boring is probably to run those treants in Naraku lvl 1. Only stop to kill Konusume or Koyakunin for heart drops. Otherwise I think lost farm or all the way to nila should be best.

Well those too cant be merged, would be like merging +damage and +%enhanced damage. Beside based on charlvl cant be merged with the normal version. So nothing we can do about.

You could try Medicine RW. Tons of absorb. Paired with a few SC with flat absorb you should be pretty much immune. Pair the RW with Delfective Armor and you could get up to 50% fire/cold/lightning absorb, 40% magic absorb and 30%dmg reduced., to just name the best stats.

Cheers
AlphA

Offline metalistas

• Bloodwitch
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2017, 07:18:43 AM »
All right, will try those treants since wp is really close.
Also leveling my assassin at the moment. Was using as many on atack/striking procs as possible but progress started to slow down in nighmare act2. But then i used that 100% splash jewel and it went over the roof. Lvl 57 did Duriel no problem and went to cow farm + Duriel area in act 3. Did them all on p3 difficulty easily, suddenly lvl 72 :D Now will try out this Borik set - looks very good on paper. Maybe a video if results are nice.

Maybe that % splash damage could be adjusted per jewel. 100% is really too much. It gives every melee atack a second melee atack on top. With every bonus to it.
 6 sockets in armor + 6 sockets wep + 4 sockets shield + 4 sockets helmet + 2 sockets belts + 2 socket boots + 3 sockets jewelry + sockets in charms =  27 + sockets. So my guess % splash should be 1-2 ? giving about 27-54% chance if all sockets filled with them.

• The Summoner
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2017, 08:10:53 AM »
I can see that 100% might be too much and I hoped for feedback about its strength, thanks. Forcing players to sock it into nearly every piece to get to 25% sounds like too much of a nerf though. Maybe cap the jewel version around 10-20%, which would need several jewels to achieve to get close to 100%. Another nerf that sounds good is to limit it to magic jewels only. As such you would need several less overall strong jewels to get the same bonus.
Glad you having a blast with your other chars:).

I will see what others player report on discord or PK and will change it in the next version, which would make current versions legacy:P. What do you think about mixing up synergies similar to the much unliked HU version. Currently synergies mostly stay within the element and often dont make much sense, or block more creative builds. I thought about some more crossover synergies to allow more build diversity (without relating too much on gear).

Cheers
AlphA

Offline metalistas

• Bloodwitch
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2017, 09:55:43 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya9FVJDviks

Finished nightmare, p8 now is cake with that full set and 100% splash jewel. Even nithlakh was easy, no need to use bow and snipe him from distance. Hp is a bit low and there is possible danger of being 1shoted but overall really powerfull fast and efficient char.

Btw, would love to see auras on full sets :)

• The Summoner
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2017, 03:57:01 AM »
Might be good if you could make a short video cleaning the same area with and without the jewel. Also defense while running should been activated. You can check that in the D2Mod.ini ;Enable defense while running? (1=yes,0=no)
defense=1. If its on 0, you can change it.

Cheers
AlphA

Offline metalistas

• Bloodwitch
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2017, 09:09:36 PM »
Well, i tried cows on players 8 with same gears only without that jewel. Results - really dissapointing. The damage vs 1 target is kinda ok-ish, still can solo mobs. Can survive when surounded too since that char has leach. But kill speed goes down a lot, have to strike same mob more and more times. I just did that cow king area inside the fences and already gave up. Takes waaay too long to kill crowd of enemies. Will make video if i get more spare time.

Was thinking this idea - removing splash from jewels and making a potion for adding splash % to weapons:
25% for 2hand weapons
10% for 1hand weapons
And it still might be too powerfull, since zeal and other rapid atacks exist in game. Maybe add a penalty for both potions, like 0=defense for 1h weapons and -50% damage reduction for 2hand weapons ? Just random numbers here.

Offline metalistas

• Bloodwitch
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2017, 08:46:42 AM »
The container for regular clod runes is not working for me. I tried to store some runes last night - they don't go into container.

Snejportal  |  D2SE  |  D2SE Mods  |  General Plugin/Mod Discussion  |  Topic: Eastern Sun Rises

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines  Snejtheme V2 by Seltsamuel/Faust (based on Helios Multi by Bloc)
gfx