• You can also find the home of the

Aftermath Mod here

http://snej.org/forum/index.php?board=674.0
gfx gfx
gfx
August 17, 2018, 09:42:35 PM
gfx gfx
gfx* Home Help Search Login Registergfx

Author Topic: Access Violation Error  (Read 334 times)

Offline MatohoTopic starter

• Little Pickpocket
Access Violation Error
« on: February 11, 2018, 08:01:04 PM »
Hi,

I dont know if Im asking at right place.. But my friend got problem with connecting to games. If she tries to go single player or multiplayer doesnt matter. In the moment she Creates Character and try to enter game, she gets this Access Violation Error. Im pretty sure its because of windows 10 compatibility with 1.13c patch, because when we played on the latest patch diablo worked for her. But since we tried 1.13c it didnt work. Even after we installed D2SE the same thing happened. So if there is somebody that has some idea how to solve this thing I welcome anything. I was searching around the forums of blizzard and everywhere but I wasnt able to find this case, I found many Access Violation errors but none of them were the same case, where player cant Enter game. So she can launch game, but right after pressing button to enter the game with her character, this error occures. We tried Vid. test, it worked fine, but error still remains.. No matter D3D, 2D or Glide, nothing worked.

Every idea is welcome, thank you.

EDIT: I have Windows 7, and diablo with mod manager installed the  same way and it works perfectly for me.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 11:38:42 PM by Matoho »

Offline Seltsamuel

• Administrator
  • Duriel
    • Snej-Mod Homepage
Re: Access Violation Error
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 05:11:38 PM »
Hi,

look into the compatibility settigs of d2se.exe and set it to runasadmin and compatibility to xp sp3 or win7.
She should install the latest displaydriver from the site of the manufacturer of the gfx card/chip too, because the default windows drivers suck hard..

Greetings

Seltsamuel

Offline MatohoTopic starter

• Little Pickpocket
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 10:05:48 PM »
So we tried to install drivers for her GeForce 930mx and set compatibilities first to Win7 then WinXP (SP2,SP3) but the problem still remains, I dont know if this is also related to this problem but her D2SE Mod Manager also looks really buggy... Here is screenshot link of her D2SE.
http://prntscr.com/iebspk

Offline Seltsamuel

• Administrator
  • Duriel
    • Snej-Mod Homepage
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 04:02:11 PM »
Hi,

regarding your resolution bug:
http://snej.org/forum/index2.php?topic=18834.0

Are your sure her installed version is not 1.14x? D2SE is not yet compatible with 1.14x D2 Versions.. im working on it.
Else check if her installation files are correct and not corrupt. In doubt remove the entire installation and install fresh. D2SE should work flawless when installed with the installer on Win10.

The CD Symbol in D2SE is it green or red?
If red then click on it to see missing .mpq files.

Greetings

Seltsamuel

Snejportal  |  Snej the game  |  FAQ & Help (Moderator: SirSamusAran)  |  Topic: Access Violation Error

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines  Snejtheme V2 by Seltsamuel/Faust (based on Helios Multi by Bloc)
gfx