• You can also find the home of the

Aftermath Mod here

http://snej.org/forum/index.php?board=674.0
gfx gfx
gfx
December 13, 2017, 08:14:19 AM
gfx gfx
gfx* Home Help Search Login Registergfx

Author Topic: A mod downloaded into D2SE doesn't show up  (Read 422 times)

Offline HopefulD2SEplayerTopic starter

• Little Pickpocket
A mod downloaded into D2SE doesn't show up
« on: August 12, 2017, 10:58:59 PM »
I recently installed D2SE after uninstalling D2LOD 1.14d and reinstalling with version 1.12a via https://mega.nz/#F!VIth1DKQ!Q42bVsCGQZ4UhoGjqvHxGw!NJ0RTK5S, then patching to 1.13d. I then denied all permissions to Diablo II.exe and Game.exe as suggested in http://snej.org/forum/index.php?topic=48878.0 (at least that's how I interpreted one of the posts, but I got the problem I'm reporting in previous attempts without the permissions change, and I even got it with a patch to 1.13c). I also set D2SE to run as an administrator and with Windows 7 compatibility mode (I have Windows 10). I should also note that when I patched to 1.13d, the game started automatically after some floating characters on the upper left corner of my screen, but I exited out ASAP and didn't go to bnet. Anyway, when I tried to download a mod, 7zip completed the install, but the mod didn't show up. Instead, I got the error shown below:

I then hard restarted my computer (shut down, then start up again), but the MODS folder the mods are supposed to go to contains only a text file called place your Modfolders here, which was there before and is just there to note where D2SE mods go. Does anyone know why that problem would occur or how to fix it?

Offline LeOsTyLe

• Witch Doctor Endugu
Re: A mod downloaded into D2SE doesn't show up
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 12:38:11 PM »
1. Uninstall complete Diablo 2.
2. Install it (a version before 1.13c)
3. update to 1.13c.
4. Run in Compatibility mode (Windows 7
5. Run D2SE Luncher. If the launcher opens now, everything is good so far. Close it
6. Unzip a Mod file do Diablo ll/MODS. If it doesent work try to unzip it to desktop or somewhere else and copy the folder manualy into Diablo ll/MODS
6. Run D2SE Luncher. Double Click on the Mod Icon. If something wrong with the grafic clos eit run D2SE Luncher and change D2 VIdTest to "Gilde"

Edit:

By the way you can have the newest d2 version  for battle net and 1.13c for d2se at once. After you did your installation Just copy the hole d2 folder and rename it for example "Diablo 2 - Battlenet" than uninstall Diablo 2. Than install D2SE and name the Folder Diablo 2 - D2SE. Now you have both. I personaly have 3 Folders. Battlenet, D2SE and another Mod who have a own installer and dont work with d2se.

• Little Pickpocket
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 11:47:32 PM »
I've done steps 1 and 2 (I also uninstalled D2SE to be sure, but I'll reinstall it before step 5), but I have a few questions before continuing:

• Is there a way to prevent D2 from running automatically after installing a patch? If not, I don't see how I can complete step 4 unless automatically running without compatibility settings is harmless.
  • In step 5, do I need to launch any of the vanilla plugins (i.e. the ones that aren't mods) after opening D2SE? I'm guessing not, but I just want to be sure.
  • The 2 folders idea in the edit looks interesting, but I'm not entirely sure about how to do it. My guess is something like this:
  • Complete steps 3 and 4.
  • Copy the Diablo II folder and rename one of the copies to "Diablo 2 - Battlenet" or something like it.
  • Install D2SE into the folder that was not renamed.
  • Rename the folder that contains D2SE "Diablo 2 - D2SE" or something like it.
  • All of this would be done before step 5.
Outside of those 3 questions, I pretty much know what to do now.

Offline SpiKe.

• Global Moderator
  • Web Mage the Burning
    • Reign of Shadow
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 04:54:30 AM »
http://snej.org/forum/index.php?topic=48518.0

1.) No, spam ESC when the game launch so it wont update.
2.) No, but it would be good  to see if D2SE works without Mods ;)
3.) It makes no difference if u do it before or after D2SE (except that u have less files if u do it before D2SE). D2SE doesn't change anything directly on the Diablo 2 files.
You can install Diablo 2, Patch 1.13c, D2SE and then copy the folder. In the folder which is used for your Battle.Net Version, you can start the game.exe and patch it to 1.14, it should work that way.

• Little Pickpocket
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 05:31:41 AM »
Thanks for the answers. I tried extracting the mod into the downloads folder, then copied the mod folder into MODS, and it worked. As for the 2 folder thing, I haven't gotten around to it yet, but I'll keep it in mind should I want to play on battlenet.

Snejportal  |  D2SE  |  D2SE Modmanager  |  Topic: A mod downloaded into D2SE doesn't show up

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines  Snejtheme V2 by Seltsamuel/Faust (based on Helios Multi by Bloc)
gfx