• You can also find the home of the

Aftermath Mod here

http://snej.org/forum/index.php?board=674.0
gfx gfx
gfx
November 20, 2017, 01:32:07 AM
gfx gfx
gfx* Home Help Search Login Registergfx

Author Topic: Gameplay not fitting to Mod name  (Read 520 times)

Offline HHustensaftTopic starter

• Radament
Gameplay not fitting to Mod name
« on: November 25, 2016, 02:42:25 AM »
I don't get your mod name.

I gave it a second try. And again I stumble upon Potatoes! Upon Teddybears (first charm already!)! Upon Pokemon-like Trophies! AND Upon Party Suprise packs like a drug game "rainbow surprise stones". And those are all core of the game and give huge rewards...

So this game really gives me the opposite of "reign of shadows" feeling. It's more like a colorful diablo 3 secret level with teddybears and rainbows and packet presents. But everyone likes diablo 2 for it's awesome atmosphere and not the diablo 3 "atmosphere"... I tried all the mods you can imagine, and this mod comes least close to diablo 2: Gameplay is one thing but If it's in a super mario setting, no thanks, lol
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 02:48:40 AM by HHustensaft »

Offline bluechimera

• Witch Doctor Endugu
  • All who oppose me... beware
Re: Gameplay not fitting to Mod name
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 03:15:11 AM »
to each their own...
It is a mod, there are some partial conversions, and some total conversions.

Nowhere does it say it has to be like Diablo 2, in fact, that is what most modders are trying to change :)

Go play D2 Scrabble, or E=MC2 mods... i think they have RoS beat :)
Wherever you go... There you are!

Offline SpiKe.

• Global Moderator
  • Web Mage the Burning
    • Reign of Shadow
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 08:22:03 AM »
Nice that you are talking about stuff u see in the first 5 Levels. Im pretty sure you don't know the Mod and you never reach the Endgame where these things are not important anymore. Everything you mentioned are things, which were included and converted in the first patches of RoS, since its based on Chaos Empire, and these were in 2005!

Also, it sounds that you never ever looked into our Forum, else you would have seen that most of these things get changed. In the end, i dont have problems with people who speak against something and/or telling there feelings about the mod. If u don't like it, don't play it. Making a post to cry about early game changes is childish. Go discover the mod or keep your opinion for yourself because no one is interested in a opinion from someone, who didn't beat the game yet. Bye.

Offline bluechimera

• Witch Doctor Endugu
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 11:29:12 AM »
Ya, I played RoS to hell difficulty with a necro, it is still very diablo2-like after you get to a certain point, and can also look past some of the changes Hust mentioned.
I think RoS is a great mod! :)

Offline max

• The Summoner
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 12:05:07 PM »
RoS is one of the BEST :) In my eyes at least! Besides have you EVER tried to play it in d2d without turining up monitor settings? You will get the Shadowpart then ^^

Offline SpiKe.

• Global Moderator
  • Web Mage the Burning
    • Reign of Shadow
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 06:16:04 PM »
Ya, I played RoS to hell difficulty with a necro, it is still very diablo2-like after you get to a certain point, and can also look past some of the changes Hust mentioned.
I think RoS is a great mod! :)

RoS is a vanilla based mod, made with and for the community. We have implented many items and ideas made by our userbase in the last few years.
I know we are not a total-conversion Mod, but we also won't to be one. Next patch will move abit forward and getting away from the pure vanilla-base, but the most important things will stay ofc.
Talking about a atmosphere is btw pure shit. Im pretty sure that he misunderstood the meaning of "reign of shadow".

Also im getting positiv and negativ feedback nearly everyday (RoS Forum, Snej Forum, Median Forum, inDiablo, PK....) and i try to include all opinions in my workflow.

Offline Seltsamuel

• Administrator
  • Duriel
    • Snej-Mod Homepage
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 09:07:54 PM »
Hi,

god shave the queen, we come to the conclusion that all mods are different because they target a different taste .. which in my personal opinion is cool and incase of work is bad as i else only have to host Snej :-)

Giving feedback is a good thing to do as that is what a community is for. Not everyone likes every mod and thats not a surprise at all.

Greetings

Seltsamuel

Offline bluechimera

• Witch Doctor Endugu
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 03:58:08 AM »
Talking about a atmosphere is btw pure shit. Im pretty sure that he misunderstood the meaning of "reign of shadow".

So, now i'm curious, what is the meaning of "Reign of Shadow" by your definition?

Also im getting positiv and negativ feedback nearly everyday (RoS Forum, Snej Forum, Median Forum, inDiablo, PK....) and i try to include all opinions in my workflow.

I know it is hard work to mod, especially when you are doing it alone or with small team with limited time. I appreciate the hard work you put into RoS, Spike, and I am sure others do as well. Thank you! :)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 04:10:29 AM by bluechimera »

Offline Jelle

• Smith
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2016, 06:58:50 AM »
RoS is a vanilla based mod, made with and for the community. We have implented many items and ideas made by our userbase in the last few years.
I know we are not a total-conversion Mod, but we also won't to be one. Next patch will move abit forward and getting away from the pure vanilla-base, but the most important things will stay ofc.

are you saying there's more content coming to RoS?  :o  This is awesome news! I remember having tons of fun completing it, but I definitely didn't expect more stuff to be added.

Maybe it has something to do with the 'prison' in the uberlevel that had strong monsters but no loot drops attached to them?  :D

Offline bluechimera

• Witch Doctor Endugu
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 03:59:31 PM »
Can find more info on RoS here: http://ros.freiik.de/

Offline SpiKe.

• Global Moderator
  • Web Mage the Burning
    • Reign of Shadow
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2016, 05:44:21 PM »

are you saying there's more content coming to RoS?  :o  This is awesome news! I remember having tons of fun completing it, but I definitely didn't expect more stuff to be added.

Maybe it has something to do with the 'prison' in the uberlevel that had strong monsters but no loot drops attached to them?  :D

I already posted some informations/pics on our site. Also the "prison" you mentioned do have a drop, just not 100% droprate ;)
Next Version will have many changes: All Uniques/Sets/Runewords reworked, over 50 new uniques, 10-15 new sets and many new runewords.
Craftsystem will be reworked, i've reworked all uber levels and added several new ones. There are also many more changes to Skills, Cuberezepte and so on...

Offline Jelle

• Smith
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2016, 04:50:47 PM »
I already posted some informations/pics on our site. Also the "prison" you mentioned do have a drop, just not 100% droprate ;)
Next Version will have many changes: All Uniques/Sets/Runewords reworked, over 50 new uniques, 10-15 new sets and many new runewords.
Craftsystem will be reworked, i've reworked all uber levels and added several new ones. There are also many more changes to Skills, Cuberezepte and so on...

That sounds awesome, great job man! Also Ill see if I can't find the topics - Im guession they're hiding somewhere in the german part of the forum :P

Snejportal  |  D2 Lunatics Realm (D2L) (online)  |  Reign of Shadow Realm (online)  |  General  |  Topic: Gameplay not fitting to Mod name

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines  Snejtheme V2 by Seltsamuel/Faust (based on Helios Multi by Bloc)
gfx