• You can also find the home of the

Aftermath Mod here

http://snej.org/forum/index.php?board=674.0
gfx gfx
gfx
October 21, 2018, 09:16:15 AM
gfx gfx
gfx* Home Help Search Login Registergfx

Author Topic: Improvements//Ideas  (Read 5332 times)

Offline MaliceTopic starter

• Little Pickpocket
Improvements//Ideas
« on: December 31, 2009, 09:12:57 PM »
Ok only a few things that I'd really change about this mod, because it is one of my favorites.

#1- Merc

First thing id like to see is that i'd like to see a merc be able to full gear him self. Belt, gloves, rings, ammy ect...  Also another idea is set items meant for mercs only. Upgraded by the difficulty.

#2 - Stash options

Id like to see a plugy kit built into the mod. So that way its not a pain in the ass to find one that works with this one. Even whens its easy I play ALOT over hamachi, and plugy mostly is the problems for people to connect to each other. AND for the people playing single player only its ALOT easier to mule things. This would put this mod over the edge, and just move your from gold to platinium status. Smiley

#3- The possiblility of a harder dungeon area. I hate to bring up other mods here but its the best example that I can give so people could see what i mean. Now, Median XL Mod for Diablo 2. That mod has certain areas that are UBER areas, kinda like cows. This gives a great option for side quests and certain gear options that can only drop there. Gives a extra difficulty to the game which is always a nice option. Also would be a good place where certain runes or high end gear could drop for each difficulty. Again just an idea but add'ing this would be SUPER.

#4- Maybe extending the skill tree.. im not talking about changing the classic skill tree, just puting a few extra skills onto each list. Like you could scroll down and have a few extra, this would be a nice option to look forward to at such high levels. Considering there are ALOT of levels to get in this mod.

#5- Having the option of a Gem/Rune Can would be a great idea also to help condence your items in stash. Allows you to cube gem/runes with the can and puts them inside of it. Then cube with a key to release them. This was done once before in Eastern Sun and I have to say brilliant!! Another Item from there especially if you incorporated the plugy into the game, is the tokenizer. Allows you to cube with an item to make it the size of a ring, then cube by itself to make it larger again.

#6- More cubing for crafting extra. Allowing to make more modified gear, of course have sever penilties for doing so. level requirments ect.

#7 - Please reduce the time in which the banner with the name of the location comes up... it gets really annoying. Especially when you cant see a dam thing. Ive lost a hardcore character due to losing sight of my enemy cuz it was behind that banner..

So this I think would improve the game alot, even more then Snej has improved the game.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 09:33:00 PM by Malice »

Offline Zerum

• Global Moderator
  • Nihlathak
  • http://zerum.owns.it/
Re: Improvements//Ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 10:03:19 PM »
Hi,
first of all i have to say that the content wasnt really changed since seltsamuel became the modder of snej. so snej defenitly is NOT finished yet^^
every suggestion which was made to improve the mod you can find here in the 1st post: http://snej.org/forum/index2.php?topic=145.0 (i know its in german but i think you understand most of the stuff when using a testtranslator^^)
btw: all headlines with a * in the beginng are already in work. :)

@ suggestions:

#1- Merc
    First thing id like to see is that i'd like to see a merc be able to full gear him self. Belt, gloves, rings, ammy ect...  Also another idea is set items meant for mercs only. Upgraded by the difficulty.

the merc wont be able to equip more stuff (it would be possible, sure, but the merc is a merc.. someone who helps you and not doing the hole "work" for you ;) )
merc only sets will come i think.

#2 - Stash options
   Id like to see a plugy kit built into the mod. So that way its not a pain in the ass to find one that works with this one. Even whens its easy I play ALOT over hamachi, and plugy mostly is the problems for people to connect to each other. AND for the people playing single player only its ALOT easier to mule things. This would put this mod over the edge, and just move your from gold to platinium status. Smiley

snej isnt and wont be plugy compatible.
it gets an own shared stash which also works on realm ;)

#3- The possiblility of a harder dungeon area. I hate to bring up other mods here but its the best example that I can give so people could see what i mean. Now, Median XL Mod for Diablo 2. That mod has certain areas that are UBER areas, kinda like cows. This gives a great option for side quests and certain gear options that can only drop there. Gives a extra difficulty to the game which is always a nice option. Also would be a good place where certain runes or high end gear could drop for each difficulty. Again just an idea but add'ing this would be SUPER.

there will definetly come way more and bigger dungeons  ;D ;D ;D

#4- Maybe extending the skill tree.. im not talking about changing the classic skill tree, just puting a few extra skills onto each list. Like you could scroll down and have a few extra, this would be a nice option to look forward to at such high levels. Considering there are ALOT of levels to get in this mod.

there wont be any skills added in the skilltrees, only a bit modified.
completely new skills will come, but only as oskills on items :)

#5- Having the option of a Gem/Rune Can would be a great idea also to help condence your items in stash. Allows you to cube gem/runes with the can and puts them inside of it. Then cube with a key to release them. This was done once before in Eastern Sun and I have to say brilliant!! Another Item from there especially if you incorporated the plugy into the game, is the tokenizer. Allows you to cube with an item to make it the size of a ring, then cube by itself to make it larger again.

there already exist gembags and gem extractors^^ (buy them @ gheed in normalmode)
i personally also think that the tokenizer is a really really really nice thingy, but there are 2 problems with it:
1. the more items you have on your cahr, the bigger it gets. the savefile limit is at 8 kb (hardcoded cap which exists in any mod and also in vanilla) and was already reached with "normal" items by some players.. so i think there would just be more people who cant create any game with one of their chars anymore. but maybe seltsamuel finds a solution^^

#6- More cubing for crafting extra. Allowing to make more modified gear, of course have sever penilties for doing so. level requirments ect.

there will be more cubing too, for sure ;-)
but i think this will take a bit more time :)

#7 - Please reduce the time in which the banner with the name of the location comes up... it gets really annoying. Especially when you cant see a dam thing. Ive lost a hardcore character due to losing sight of my enemy cuz it was behind that banner..

well that would be a new suggestion then ^^
maybe suggest it in the "wunschliste" thread (posted the link in the beginning) :)
(wunschliste means "list of wishes")

Greez

Zerum
D2Lunatics Realm-Admin
Ex-D2Maniacs Admin

Offline SirSamusAran

• Administrator
  • Andariel
  • Event-Manager
    • SnEj Homepage
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 03:43:44 AM »
we had a poll for the community
the result was against the voll-merc-equip ;)

see zerums post ^^

already planed for 6.1 and later (more and more ^^)

an extra skilltree is in work only for the possibility of special cube/craft -recipes (like jobs for each charclass ^^)
and skills they are items only (as oskills) but charskill as oskills never more

see zerum´s post
8KB savegame-cap is unlatched in 6.1 *g

see #4
many cuberecipes (alchemie and so) are in planing

they would be a little bit smaler in 6.1

please use the list of wishes next time ;) (see zerum´s post)

(next patch is 6.0.06 than 6.1 than ??? ^^)

sry for my english

Greetz SamusAran
Gruß euer Cola-Vampir SirSamusAran

Ich poste nur wahllos auf meiner Tastatur getippte Buchstaben, sollten dabei Silben, Wörter oder gar sinnige Sätze entstehen, ist dies purer Zufall.
I only type randomly on my keyboard. Should thereby syllables, words or even meaningfull sentences be created, that would be totally by accident.

• Little Pickpocket
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 10:12:53 PM »
And yes gem bags that you have are too much to have.. you should instead have one gemcan for all. Just cube to change the output from each type of gem and use a key to with gemcan to extract... Cuz already there is limited space... now this item the size of a key could condence so much space that it would be possible to store even more things. Instead of having a two more mules in your severs you now have two small items. Becuase you know most people are going to hoard these items anyways.

Recipe here:: You would add the following ingrediance into the cube to make these happen!!

Gem can + Any type of gem = +1pt in gem can of that color and type
Gem can + key = gem of type chosen
Gem can = change out put of type and/or color ( like cycling threw a list)

Same could be dont with runes into a rune can...
]

Offline SirSamusAran

• Administrator
  • Andariel
  • Event-Manager
    • SnEj Homepage
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 11:53:45 PM »
the number of states have a cap
all 10 gembags have only 5 several states (chippet, flawed, normal, flawless and perfekt - but not the colors for each gem type)
1bag for all gems = 50 states ;) (5*10gemtypes)
and 50 extraktors/gems and 1gem can oder 5extraktors and 10 gembags is also more room in the inventory of the gemmuli or so *g

and more affixes on one item = bigger item (bits/byts)
an char full of gem can´s is very bigger as a char full of gem bags - as a sample ^^

and the maximum of states on 1 item have a cap too (27 or so)
a mouseover over a item with too many stats make the game crash

sorry for my bad english

Greetz SamusAran

Ich poste nur wahllos auf meiner Tastatur getippte Buchstaben, sollten dabei Silben, Wörter oder gar sinnige Sätze entstehen, ist dies purer Zufall.
I only type randomly on my keyboard. Should thereby syllables, words or even meaningfull sentences be created, that would be totally by accident.

• Little Pickpocket
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 01:12:27 AM »
Ok i understand that but what i was trying to say last time and i dont think that i put it out there right... You could code it so that when you do put your mouse over it instead of seeing all the gems in can you could only see what type your currently on... for example; i move over gemcan and see how many diamonds are on it.. then i cube it a few times to have it display rock crystals.. it then would only display how many rock crystals that i have ... so on so forth... that way it would not crash the game and still would allow for multipurpose storing... same could be done with runes... until its output is cube so far it would only display in sections of 10 or so... things like that... i dunno if i cleared my suggestion up at all or not? Im stealing this idea from eastern sun if you would like to check it out and see what im talking about. It allowed for ALOT of storage within the stash with miniumal space... mind you i know they didnt have a server up for it.. but it would still allow for much more space saving.. and when your considering how many mules people would be dropping for ridiculas things then really its a space saver its worth while. Another reason that i still think an extended stash space with pages would be a good idea. Like what was stated before only like 1-20 or even 1-50... you talking alot of space saved inside your server alone just from lack of mules...and as far as people saving stupid gear thats not needed.. i do it also.. you talking the difference between having 5-15 mules and having maybe 1... I mean on bnet alone for classic i had 7 accounts of just mules for gear i was always saving.. ethier for trades or for character builds that i might end up making... and i know people still do it here.. thats alot of mules there could be saved up into maybe one...

Offline Seltsamuel

• Administrator
  • Duriel
    • Snej-Mod Homepage
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 01:23:22 AM »
Hi,

what you suggest isnt possible with the d2 engine as it is for now. The item has to store all 50 individual counters if you display em or not.

Greetings

Seltsamuel

Offline Chaotica

• Fangskin
  • Hier könnte mein Account stehen
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 10:34:48 AM »
Well.. even if it was possible to store the 50 stats (counters) I would HATE to have "scroll" through 49 possibilities by klicking the "cube-Button" 49 times (worstcase) to extract ONE shitty gem!
Dont believe anyone would use that...

Offline Seltsamuel

• Administrator
  • Duriel
    • Snej-Mod Homepage
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 12:24:05 PM »
Hi,

some time ago i had another idea for the gembags and maybe i will try to realize this but first there are more important things to do and my manpower is limited.

Greetings

Seltsamuel

Offline Resistall100

• Little Pickpocket
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 09:28:10 PM »
Maybe it's an idea to get a small chance of improvement on a hiq-item for prepare on runeword, like this:

"weap,noe" + r01 + r02 + r03  ----> "usetype,hiq" + sock 1-6 variable & 1% chance on +1 all skills or so as extra.

This way players can "use" the lower runes better maybe, allthough the 1% is very low  :P

Offline Bloodtitan

• Bloodwitch
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 08:03:50 AM »
Maybe it's an idea to get a small chance of improvement on a hiq-item for prepare on runeword, like this:

"weap,noe" + r01 + r02 + r03  ----> "usetype,hiq" + sock 1-6 variable & 1% chance on +1 all skills or so as extra.

This way players can "use" the lower runes better maybe, allthough the 1% is very low  :P

this one percent chance for additional effects requires exactly 100 entries for every "lower runeword". that's pretty disqualifying even with line copying.

Offline Chaotica

• Fangskin
  • Hier könnte mein Account stehen
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 12:45:29 PM »
It was spoken of a cube-recipe and not of runewords, bloodtitan..... it should deliver hiq (superior) socketables for RWs.
And even if runewords were meant... it´s just one normal entry to get a stat randomly.

Btw.. I do appreciate this Idea!

Offline Bloodtitan

• Bloodwitch
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 06:16:45 PM »
that's incorrect both ways. the randomness factor in both cube recipes and runewords through column entries does not give a percentesque chance like he means, just defines upper and lower end of the randomness (e.g. 1-6 sockets -> randomness 1 to 6). like with old median his suggestion means copies of tiered runewords or cuberecipes.

Offline SirSamusAran

• Administrator
  • Andariel
  • Event-Manager
    • SnEj Homepage
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 07:08:04 PM »
@bloodtitan
that´s incorrect ^^
the cubemain.txt have a "chance" column for each additional property
and this column works with percentage entries ;) (for the additional property only)
1=1% and 20=20% ....

sorry for the bad english

Greetz SamusAran

Offline Resistall100

• Little Pickpocket
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 11:30:09 PM »
indeed, u can give "any" item (filtered or not) by -switches- an output item in the cube with extra additional stats. all those extra stats u can use are listed inside <properties.txt> under the first colum <code>. and all those can have a % chance on something, with a min -> max parm, as mentioned in previous post.

@Bloodtitan: in other words, i wanted to waste some low runes on item for a 1% chance for a better hiq (superior) random socketed weapon, as i like gamble :P

sorry for my cryptic formulae text

Snejportal  |  Snej the game  |  Development  |  Feedback  |  Topic: Improvements//Ideas

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines  Snejtheme V2 by Seltsamuel/Faust (based on Helios Multi by Bloc)
gfx