• You can also find the home of the

Aftermath Mod here

http://snej.org/forum/index.php?board=674.0
gfx gfx
gfx
October 21, 2018, 09:15:28 AM
gfx gfx
gfx* Home Help Search Login Registergfx

Author Topic: Thoughts on the mod  (Read 870 times)

Offline DoubtFuLMindTopic starter

• Bloodwitch
Thoughts on the mod
« on: October 23, 2016, 03:23:58 PM »
So i am currently lvl 12.
I like the colors, the resolution, the UI, the items' icon etc. BUT there is something that bugs me in every mod. I just wonder why you guys keep the pre-requirements for skills. Is it because it used to be that way in vanilla? or because its illegal not to have pre-requirements?..
Personally i believe pre-reqs are an old and bad game design and i can go on and explain myself if you want.
Anyway... i guess my question is: would u remove them?  ;D

Also why its so easy ?:D
You have to show the violence the way it is, if you dont show it realistically then thats immoral and harmful. If you dont upset the people then thats obscenity.

Offline bluechimera

• Witch Doctor Endugu
  • All who oppose me... beware
Re: Thoughts on the mod
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 05:22:24 PM »
If it is so easy, why are you asking for them to remove requirements
Wherever you go... There you are!

Offline SpiKe.

• Global Moderator
  • Witch Doctor Endugu
    • Reign of Shadow
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 05:59:45 PM »
If it is so easy, why are you asking for them to remove requirements
I actually think he is asking for that on every mod he plays and he see that requirements.

• Bloodwitch
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 06:25:51 PM »
I actually think he is asking for that on every mod he plays and he see that requirements.
Yes, i said that in my first comment...
I mean i have seen mods without them so i wonder why so many mods keep them as if thats the best thing in the world. Is it hard to get rid of them? whats the reason ?
You have to show the violence the way it is, if you dont show it realistically then thats immoral and harmful. If you dont upset the people then thats obscenity.

Offline SpiKe.

• Global Moderator
  • Witch Doctor Endugu
    • Reign of Shadow
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 08:16:09 PM »
Yes, i said that in my first comment...
I mean i have seen mods without them so i wonder why so many mods keep them as if thats the best thing in the world. Is it hard to get rid of them? whats the reason ?

It's not hard, but there is no reasons for mods who keep the synergy bonuses since you have to skill them anyway to make them good. It also avoid to get free 1 pointers without investing anything (like buffs skills...).

• Bloodwitch
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 09:03:48 PM »

It's not hard, but there is no reasons for mods who keep the synergy bonuses since you have to skill them anyway to make them good. It also avoid to get free 1 pointers without investing anything (like buffs skills...).

Syngeries would work as u say only IF every previous skill in the skill tree would give some kind of bonus for the next skill. Lets take example Sanctus mod.
Lets say u want to play Barb with Berserk. To reach Berserk u need to spend 3 points on Bash, Stun and Concentrate, yet Bersek itsself doest get any bonus from neither Bash, Stun or Concentrate. You can safely say that u wasted 3 points.
Another example could be WW. Which gets NO syngery bonuses at all.
Thats why i say that: If every previous skill would give syngery bonus to its next skill in skill tree then its fair and u dont feel like u wasted points.
Isnt it all about builds? why waste points? :)

• Bloodwitch
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 09:31:52 PM »
Ok i am 19 lvl Barb and i finished ACT 1. So here are my "more complete" thoughts on the mod so far.

• Very easy. Ofc i dont know how hard are the other 2 difficulties but i honestly think there is no need for mods to be easy nowadays even in normal. It feels boring and waste of time.
  • Visually the mod looks great! The items, the gems, the materials, all so beautiful
  • I like the monster density
  • Auto pick up for gold !!
  • Speed isnt bad but it could be decreased a little more to make it more valueable and worth investing into
  • Stamina drain is kind of low, again u could make it drain more or you could reduce the overall amount of stamina to make it more valueable aspect of the game
  • Is it possible to make it so that the number of HP/MP is shown? or that something thats only possible with plugy?
  • Potions drop way too often and are strong. You could reduce their drop rate and make them more expensive in shop. Or you could make them weaker, for example: heal 60% life in 10-15 seconds.
  • The more detailed stats board the better but i guess that requires plugy as well?
  • Last but not least. Like with most mods i play i find one-handed weapons to be way more useful that two-handed (having barb in my mind). I think two-handed weapons arent strong enough to be worthy compare to shield + one handed or duals. Mods like Eastern Sun or Nezeramontias did balance it well and made two-handed barb more worthy.
If i have written some inaccurate, ignorant or stupid things please let me know  :)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 02:29:43 PM by DoubtFuLMind »

Snejportal  |  D2SE  |  D2SE Mods  |  Sanctus Mod - The Pact of Evil  |  Suggestions (Moderators: Mathrigo, BARBY, MW95, Ruy)  |  Topic: Thoughts on the mod

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines  Snejtheme V2 by Seltsamuel/Faust (based on Helios Multi by Bloc)
gfx