• You can also find the home of the

Aftermath Mod here

http://snej.org/forum/index.php?board=674.0
gfx gfx
gfx
September 25, 2018, 08:18:42 AM
gfx gfx
gfx* Home Help Search Login Registergfx

Author Topic: Back to Hellfire D2SE plugin  (Read 4438 times)

Offline Seltsamuel

• Administrator
  • Duriel
    • Snej-Mod Homepage
Re: Back to Hellfire D2SE plugin
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2017, 07:21:34 PM »
Hi,

none of the existing plugins works stable on win 7 SP2 and upwards as the described win7 soundproblem is not all..  there are BTH specific codeedits that are not ASLR compatible as they have hardcoded code locations. All attempts crash on some place randomly or do not work as the creator (Onyx) intended (bloodmana thief no skills on levelup ...). So we have to wait until the new d2se is ready as it eleminates the ASLR problems to pre win7 sp2times and the original version from Onyx in addition with the soundfix will run as intended. I already have permission from Onyx to build a plugin and will do it as soon as its stable possible.

Greetings

Seltsamuel

Offline DoubtFuLMind

• Bloodwitch
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2017, 08:19:17 PM »
I am 12 lvl Barb. I just unlocked the second warp. I could also hire a merc from start and also didnt get any skill points until now (first and third quests finished). I also killed the Butcher.

I can see why some ppl say its the best mod. Everything is so meaningful, from stamina that runs out easily to the run speed itsself. I dropped a rare axe and i am so happy about it, it feels like it matters! Monster density is low and meaningful.

@Seltsamuel
Should i keep playing or my save wont be compatible with when u release new D2SE version?
You have to show the violence the way it is, if you dont show it realistically then thats immoral and harmful. If you dont upset the people then thats obscenity.

Offline KrystalsTopic starter

• Little Pickpocket
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2017, 10:46:24 PM »
were hosting a realm with BTH, long as the server side enforces the skillpoint stuff it wont matter unless they only play sp

Offline DoubtFuLMind

• Bloodwitch
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2017, 11:11:47 PM »
damn my english :/
i play on SP only, so my save will work?
You have to show the violence the way it is, if you dont show it realistically then thats immoral and harmful. If you dont upset the people then thats obscenity.

Offline KrystalsTopic starter

• Little Pickpocket
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2017, 11:20:45 PM »
id belive so, but you should give the online play a try, bth seems to have much more potential online.

Offline Seltsamuel

• Administrator
  • Duriel
    • Snej-Mod Homepage
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2017, 02:07:55 AM »
Hi,

there is no reason the saves should not be compatible.

Greetings

Seltsamuel

Offline Ashmund

• Little Pickpocket
    • WoB Gaming
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2017, 10:46:45 AM »
Hi,

there is no reason the saves should not be compatible.

Greetings

Seltsamuel

Thanks for the reply Seltsamuel, I have a question regarding the mod and Windows 7, is the mod not able to be completed on the Windows 7 Back to Hellfire D2SE plugin?

I don't mind if I can't access some side areas or the Blood Wizard doesn't work as intended as I'm not playing that character, but I'm about level 25 and just got the Gidbinn in Act 3, I'd like to know if it's worth me continuing on or if I'll eventually hit a roadblock due to the Windows 7 ASLR issues?

Thanks for any help.

Offline ChaosMarc

• Global Moderator
  • Boneash
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2017, 04:19:32 PM »
ASLR issues don't let you start the game. you have to restart until you can start it again. they don't crash the game somewhere ingame

Offline Ashmund

• Little Pickpocket
    • WoB Gaming
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2017, 02:17:06 AM »
ASLR issues don't let you start the game. you have to restart until you can start it again. they don't crash the game somewhere ingame

Okay, so the guy was saying that there are hardcoded edits that don't work, and have been removed from the Windows 7 compatible BTH, what I thought he meant by that is that there are certain things removed (features, levels, or whatever) that don't work on Windows 7 and therefore our game will never be 100% working like the regular BTH mod, that is why I was confused, if there's no difference between the regular BTH mod and the Windows 7 one, I honestly don't care for an ASLR-compatible/bypass D2SE/BTH because it makes no difference to me at this point.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 04:52:18 AM by Ashmund »

Offline Seltsamuel

• Administrator
  • Duriel
    • Snej-Mod Homepage
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2017, 07:06:17 PM »
Hi,

This statement is simply not true! If you have hardcoded adresses you even need not to crash.. you simply may get strange behavior or even not notice that something is wrong. But usually you notice ASLR issues because of a crash as many times important adresses are patched that lead to a immediate crash.

Okay, so the guy was saying that there are hardcoded edits that don't work, and have been removed from the Windows 7 compatible BTH, what I thought he meant by that is that there are certain things removed (features, levels, or whatever) that don't work on Windows 7 and therefore our game will never be 100% working like the regular BTH mod, that is why I was confused, if there's no difference between the regular BTH mod and the Windows 7 one, I honestly don't care for an ASLR-compatible/bypass D2SE/BTH because it makes no difference to me at this point.

I have no idea about any differences between the version you mention as i not made them.. if code is removed there will be differences as the code should have had a meaning? So yes this version should not be 100% like the original as its unusual to add meaningless code..

Greetings

Seltsamuel

Offline ChaosMarc

• Global Moderator
  • Boneash
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2017, 10:57:04 AM »
This statement is simply not true! If you have hardcoded adresses you even need not to crash.. you simply may get strange behavior or even not notice that something is wrong. But usually you notice ASLR issues because of a crash as many times important adresses are patched that lead to a immediate crash.

oh wow... i didn't know this :( now I know. thanks seltsa

perhaps I will find the time next week to analyze all the versions in circulation and list their differences if there are any

edit: only d2mod.dll and d2utility.dll differ between the two versions. quite different file sizes. I have no clue what the changes are  8)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 05:09:07 PM by ChaosMarc »

Offline Seltsamuel

• Administrator
  • Duriel
    • Snej-Mod Homepage
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2017, 06:39:40 PM »
Hi,

maybe i can enlighten you in this point as i already talked to Onyx long time ago about this:

d2utility.dll

This is not the "standard" that you can get at the PK in different versions but it also holds all BTH specific Codeedits..
So to fix the issues you have to reverse it and fix the absolut adresses problem when you locate them (no source available and creator vanished.. no Onyx did not make the codeedits) or you have to fix the ASLR problem at all and help all affected Mods .. and thats where im working at.

Greetings

Seltsamuel

Offline mahitovec

• Smith
    • TWITCH
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2017, 02:41:24 PM »
Could someone reupload this plugin, please?

Offline ChaosMarc

• Global Moderator
  • Boneash
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2017, 11:16:24 AM »
here you go: https://www.chaosmarc.de/diablo/D2SE_BackToHellfire_1.02_sfx.exe

I also updated to starting post

Offline mahitovec

• Smith
    • TWITCH
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2017, 09:44:00 PM »
Thank you!  ;D

Snejportal  |  D2SE  |  D2SE Mods  |  General Plugin/Mod Discussion  |  Topic: Back to Hellfire D2SE plugin

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines  Snejtheme V2 by Seltsamuel/Faust (based on Helios Multi by Bloc)
gfx