• You can also find the home of the

Aftermath Mod here

http://snej.org/forum/index.php?board=674.0
gfx gfx
gfx
November 20, 2018, 01:31:05 PM
gfx gfx
gfx* Home Help Search Login Registergfx

Author Topic: Melee Amazon/Summoner Necromancer - questions and feedbacks  (Read 2457 times)

Offline Dmitriy OfTopic starter

• Coldworm
Melee Amazon/Summoner Necromancer - questions and feedbacks
« on: April 21, 2017, 11:18:05 AM »
Today completed act 2 normal - seems a lot easier then act1, completed all quests on /p8(just Duriel fight was on /p1 and take me about 15-20 seconds). Don't visit locations with assassin charm/adamantium ores etc. In The Way of the Valkyrie i die from everything, even from fire pulses from traps(though i can easily kill normal enemies) so i leave this location till the end of act 4 probably.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 11:57:00 AM by Dmitriy Of »

• Coldworm
Re: Melee Amazon - questions and feedbacks
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 04:57:03 PM »
Now in middle of act 3. Everything die on /p8, life on hit solves most problems with regen, poison merc and Valkyrie cares about the rest. Only switch for /p1 for getting customizable charm(independing from 2k life/max resistances/some magic damage reduce its defender kill me in 2-3 seconds). Looked at Spinecastle, lose my merc but open all accessible without teleport pieces of the map. Fight with unique boss take about 15 minutes of mutual destruction on /p8 but finally me, valkyrie and well ;D defeated him.

Offline Eruditio

• Shenk
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 05:16:48 PM »
20 lph is enough?  Pally has 50 or so.

Offline Mathematics

• Unknown Lord
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 05:29:52 PM »
I will be nerfing that mod on items - not on the skill side though.

Well done sir!
The superior man may indeed endure want, but the inferior man, when he experiences want, will give into unbridled excess. - The Ethics of Confucius

Offline Mathematics

• Unknown Lord
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 05:31:55 PM »
I will be nerfing the Amazon special area.  I can't even do it in Act 5.
The superior man may indeed endure want, but the inferior man, when he experiences want, will give into unbridled excess. - The Ethics of Confucius

Offline Eruditio

• Shenk
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 06:59:28 PM »
I've been enjoying vacation and not playing.

Do you feel the difference on weapon range with zon spear?

• Coldworm
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 08:41:59 PM »
I've been enjoying vacation and not playing.

Do you feel the difference on weapon range with zon spear?
Yeah, it feels like fighting with jumping pole - you can attack enemies on other side of rivers in Tristram, but without targeting amazon running closer to the enemies. Seem pretty fun and not broken, just small feature for melee amazons.  :)

« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 09:15:01 PM by Dmitriy Of »

Offline Mathematics

• Unknown Lord
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 08:44:32 PM »
Cool.  That was the intent!

• Coldworm
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 08:47:34 PM »
I will be nerfing the Amazon special area.  I can't even do it in Act 5.
I believe because traps deal too high damage and stop your regeneration at the same time?

Offline Eruditio

• Shenk
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 08:54:21 PM »
Stopping regen makes players rely on LPH even more :(

Not a fan of auras/curses/poison stopping regen. Not sure we have a choice on poison but would like to hear what others think about curses/auras.

• Coldworm
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 09:13:25 PM »
Stopping regen makes players rely on LPH even more :(

Not a fan of auras/curses/poison stopping regen. Not sure we have a choice on poison but would like to hear what others think about curses/auras.
In first act auras/curses make many things just "drink stamina pot and run away". Andy with both curses and poison with her poison immunity easy stop progres for any new player, running away till curses ends just meh. For ranged/caster characters without LpH it's like suicide imho. No life regen/LpH, and you can't do many unique monsters simple because you can't kill them before die himself. Fast moving monsters will keep debuff on you forever. On Nightmare/hell it's should be even worse with higher duration of curses/range of curses/auras(and quantity of monsters with them). Imho auras should be free from this and only chosen curses should stop regeneration. Which ones - discutable.

20 lph is enough?  Pally has 50 or so.
Depending on play style - i can't tanking everything, but with max innate regeneration/life on kill from charm and switching between fend and shock wave it's enough for normal monsters. I don't think nerfing life per hit on items is good idea, every melee need to some tankiness for surviving, especially with no regen during curses/poison.

Offline Eruditio

• Shenk
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2017, 09:38:54 AM »
I don't think nerfing life per hit on items is good idea, every melee need to some tankiness for surviving, especially with no regen during curses/poison.

Which is why culprit pointing more towards regen stopping effects. If anything a single curse with that sole effect is preferable.

Offline Mathematics

• Unknown Lord
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2017, 04:08:53 AM »
What is a reasonable amount of life on hit in your opinion?

We can talk more about the curses in a bit.  ;)

• Coldworm
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2017, 05:39:25 PM »
What is a reasonable amount of life on hit in your opinion?

We can talk more about the curses in a bit.  ;)
1. without completing at least nightmare it's hard to say - i'm awfull theorycrafter. In old patches even unholy paladin had problems at nightmare/hell with hundreds LpH. Everything depend on situation. Some long range bosses with poison spells can often kill me before i touch them(try himself get assassin potions - even gear with max poison resist/PLR/absorb not enough for normal fight with that boss).

2. Personally i dislike curse damaged casters and iron maiden - these curses already damage player for every cast/hit making them silly powerless.

Offline Eruditio

• Shenk
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2017, 06:41:09 PM »
Life per hit is still miles better than %leech.  We are going in the right direction.

Another option for gear-based LPH is to create a new skill called "self heal" or something basic.  Level 1 self heal could heal something like 60 hp over 2 seconds.

Weapons could then have 100% chance to cast level X self heal on hit as some auto mods.  This takes attack speed/frequency out of the system.  Hitting once every 2 seconds is the same regen as zealing away a 5x a second.  Reactiving self heal just resets the timer, it wouldnt' stack.  Note, it is important to have 100% chance to cast.

The problem with this approach is that you are limited to one source of it for all gear.  It wouldn't be additive like regular life per hit is.  The second is that I don't think there is a skill version of this approach.  AFAIK there is no skill that adds a %chance to cast X.

Offline Mathematics

• Unknown Lord
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2017, 06:49:37 PM »
I will leave LPH for now and revisit curses.

• Coldworm
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2017, 09:17:41 AM »
Yesterday completed The Gates of Asgard - many deaths from fire pulses and when recover my body. Two bosses die in couple seconds, but enter to area, kill them and run back to safe zone without dying for character with 2,7k life impossible. The Thane of Asgard also die very fast and as reward i get nothing(probably this undead spawn too close to one of sarcophagus). Feels very frustrated after 15-20 deaths and about hour of wasted time. Hope soon traps will be reworked and unholy fire moved off/or changed for not stop player regeneration. Also, no safe zones during fight with minibosses without ability to regen makes them too annoying and luck depending. Without fire pulses all rain of meteors will be ok(and fire meteors can be alternated with colds/probably some other spells).

Everything was done on /p1.

Offline metalistas

• Coldworm
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2017, 09:43:19 AM »
I explored that dungeon with paladin. I like the idea of those undead guardians being immune until you kill all surounding minions. All those fire traps were 1/5 hp all the time but immunet to all too. The last boss died and became amazon npc. Was expecting a better reward after all that strugle. Dungeon structure and layout is nice, intuitive and fun to explore.

Dmitriy, why your hp so low ? Are you puting enough points into vitality to keep that factor at 6.0 hp ?

• Coldworm
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2017, 10:09:12 AM »
Currently ignore vitality(about 3.8 iirc) for some damage(need to craft better weapon probably, currently it's maiden pike with XX-22damage and rune fantastic). For level 46 amazon with all spear/jawelin/neutral skills between 6 and 8 level it's enough for me. Although progressing pretty slow.

Offline bluechimera

• Witch Doctor Endugu
  • All who oppose me... beware
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2017, 01:36:10 PM »
When you summoned The Thane of Asgard, did you yell                                NORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ? :D
Wherever you go... There you are!

Snejportal  |  D2SE  |  D2SE Mods  |  Aftermath  |  General Discussion (Moderator: Mathematics)  |  Topic: Melee Amazon/Summoner Necromancer - questions and feedbacks

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines  Snejtheme V2 by Seltsamuel/Faust (based on Helios Multi by Bloc)
gfx