• You can also find the home of the

Aftermath Mod here

http://snej.org/forum/index.php?board=674.0
gfx gfx
gfx
December 16, 2018, 12:53:53 PM
gfx gfx
gfx* Home Help Search Login Registergfx

Author Topic: Realm Maintenance (finished now)  (Read 1070 times)

Offline SeltsamuelTopic starter

• Administrator
  • Duriel
    • Snej-Mod Homepage
Realm Maintenance (finished now)
« on: January 21, 2018, 02:40:43 PM »
Hi,

today im doing some maintenancework and update wine to the latest 3.0
I try to keep downtimes short and start with RoS as there is non open game just at the moment.

Later i also will change the limit of parallel connections to the Realm to 4 as people start to give themself unfair advantage in the new ladder season by putting 7 unused chars into games.

UPDATE:
Maintenance is finished.. downtime was about 2 minutes per server
As a test i limited the concurrent connections from the same IP to 4.

IMPORTANT!!
Even when i allowed to connect multiple times to D2 Lunatics the usage of Bots, Hacks and 3Party tools not included in the hosted mods download packages linked here at the board is forbidden and results in a permanent removal of the right to play here. No excuses, no exceptions. Its just allowed what the Modmaker allows and includes.

Greetings

Seltsamuel
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 04:04:10 PM by Seltsamuel »

Offline BLT420

• Little Pickpocket
Re: Realm Maintenance (finished now)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 02:35:09 AM »

Just read this post.  I'll admit I'm very guilty of multilogging onto the server with extra characters.  While it was nice to rush a lot of my characters at once, I have to say it does give you unfair advantage.   My apologies. I mainly did it because of the lack of other players in the beginning, but as more and more people started joining the server with the start of the new ladder, I have to say I most definitely won't be anymore.

Strangely enough, a day or two after this was posted, I was still able to connect more than 4 times to the server from the same PC.  All via D2SE.   I don't have dynamic IP or anything.  Maybe, if there is a way, try to limit the # of connections based on IPs AND currently logged in accounts? (Kind of like the cdkey check that exists with that "other place")

That or people could just, you know, not multilog lol.

-BLT420

Offline damzan

• Little Pickpocket
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 06:21:06 PM »
I saw you in game a lot of times, so very guilty!  :)

@Seltsamuel: I wanted to ask, if the server is online right now, because I cannot join/create game (acc: damzan)? Was I banned or something?

My brother is playing with the same account through another IP-Adress and different character - is that allowed or is it also seen as multilogging?

If not please let me know - I will request a new account for him.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards
damzan

Offline SpiKe.

• Global Moderator
  • Witch Doctor Endugu
    • Reign of Shadow
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 07:44:59 PM »
Eastern Sun is currently down, the other Realms should work.

• Administrator
  • Duriel
    • Snej-Mod Homepage
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 11:07:43 PM »
Hi,
looks like because i backported the pvpgn version to 1.85 to get rid of the regular crashes every 2-4 weeks i also lost the feature to block multiusing because it was added later. In a later release i will reimplement this feature and set the concurrent connections to 4..

@damzan
i generally had nothing against multilogging for muling or because you play together with your family from the same IP... but what you are doing is not allowed. The reason is everyone playing on D2L has to have a own account and to get this a account with the same name here at the board. This is because if everything happens .. someone accuses you stealing or breaking the rules in any way:
1. We have a direct way to reach exactly you here at the board via PN
2. We can lock your account forever.. i personally dont think you like the idea to get the banhammer only becauese your brother was a bad guy.
3. It costs you nothing and one real player one account is a clean thing, at least we have a community here.

Greetings

Seltsamuel

Offline damzan

• Little Pickpocket
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 04:29:19 PM »

Ok, thank you for clarifying - now I know.

I asked my brother to request his own account, so that we don't have to login both with one.

Can I get unlocked please?
Thank you!

Best Regards
damzan

• Administrator
  • Duriel
    • Snej-Mod Homepage
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 09:13:03 PM »
Hi,

you were not locked.

Greetings

Seltsamuel

Offline Foraker

• Countess
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 04:52:48 AM »
I generally had nothing against multilogging for muling or because you play together with your family from the same IP...

I've got a question here. I wanted to pull one mule to hell so I don't have to leave my games everytime I want to mule something.
Now I'm at the end of Nightmare. I did let this mule stay in the games (2 players drops) and I've gotten his quest rewards.
Feels like an unfair advantage, too. I won't do this in hell. But I want to know what's your oppinion about this, Seltsamuel.

• Administrator
  • Duriel
    • Snej-Mod Homepage
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2018, 07:00:00 PM »
Hi,

as soon as possible i will limit the parallel connections to 4. We have not many Player on Realm and the way you do it is ok for me, because other player have still the option to join your game and play with you together which is not possible when you fill up the game with own chars. So a second Char fom the same physical player is ok as this is used for muling too.

Greetings

Seltsamuel

Offline bub

• Countess
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2018, 11:03:32 PM »
it is ok for me, because other player have still the option to join your game and play with you together which is not possible when you fill up the game with own chars.
I've noticed this way too much.
Either full game of 8, or limit players down to 2, then fill game still.
In any case the games are now 'private', and noone else can see them.

It really have bothered me that the only way I knew if someone was playing was to check the ladder...
My personal games were always public, and never more than 7, because 8 is pointless. Droprate increase at p3, p5, and p7. You only get a minor xp increase but big mob hp increase going up to p4, p6 or p8.

There are still people on the ladder that I have never ever seen ingame, some even higher then me.

Offline Foraker

• Countess
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2018, 05:46:08 AM »
We have not many Player on Realm and the way you do it is ok for me, because other player have still the option to join your game and play with you together...

I've always set the maximum number of players to 2.
But I get it that this works against the reason why you should play on a server.
I'll change that.

Snejportal  |  D2 Lunatics Realm (D2L) (online)  |  General  |  Announcements  |  Topic: Realm Maintenance (finished now)

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines  Snejtheme V2 by Seltsamuel/Faust (based on Helios Multi by Bloc)
gfx