gfx
Snejportal  |  General  |  Off-Topic (Moderators: SirSamusAran, eviL, }{eadhunter)  |  Topic: Atmas Tavern
gfx
gfx gfx
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
gfx gfx
gfx gfx

• Welcome at our new home!!!

This is the Snej Portal, home of several D2 Modifications and D2SE
  • On our Realmserver you can find this hosted Mods:

Snej
    Reign of Shadows (RoS)
    Eastern Sun (ES)
  • You can also find the home of the

Aftermath Mod here

http://snej.org/forum/index.php?board=674.0
gfx gfx
gfx
October 18, 2018, 10:32:07 AM
gfx gfx
gfx* Home Help Search Login Registergfx

Author Topic: Atmas Tavern  (Read 209248 times)

Offline Sunny

• Radament
  • Realm Account: Sunny
    • D2 Maniacs Mod Forum
Re: Re: Atmas Tavern
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2013, 09:41:34 AM »
Ich schreibe mal in deutsch, sonst wird sich wieder über mein englisch lustig gemacht.
Marco hör mal auf das ganz runter zu spielen, du schadest ganz öffentlich unserem Ruf und wenn das bei dir im Forum so weitergeht, kannst du dich auf eine fette Unterlassungsklage einrichten.

Das Deine Median Version so Buggy ist und monster Lags verursacht,  hast du ja offensichtlich schon selber gemerkt und ist nicht unser Problem. Wenn ein MODer uns sagt, eine Version ist compatibel, verlassen wir uns darauf und man kann nicht von uns verlangen, 2 Tage später nochmal einen Wipe zu machen, schonmal gar nicht wenn wir Krank sind oder Arbeiten müssen. Stell dir mal vor, wir müssen auch arbeiten wenn wir krank sind (sogar Samstags und Sonntags), das ist so wenn man Selbständig ist und es ist eine Frechheit von Dir, uns vor der gesamten Com. als Lügner hinzustellen!! Ich will hier auch gar nicht weiter auf die ganzen Beleidigungen bei dir im Forum eingehen, das ist mir ganz einfach zu dumm und primitiv.

Du bist ein klarer Fall von Größenwahn und hast der gesamten Median Community geschadet und Brother Laz ist auch ziehmlich sauer auf dich.

So und sollte  jetzt wieder irgend ein dummer Kommentar kommen, warum ich hier poste und nicht im Median Forum, dort bin ich gesperrt !!

Zum Schluss noch gute Neuigkeiten wir machen natürlich trotzdem weiter und haben schon neue Server, die wir demnächst mit einbinden, also kann man sich auf Ladder Rests freuen und evtl. 1-2 neue MODs. Auch wenn das viele nicht verstehen, aber wir haben lieber 20+ vernünftige Spieler die einfach nur zocken wollen, als 150+ undankbare, die uns auf die Nerven gehen.

Offline MarcoNecroX

• Little Pickpocket
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2013, 10:04:26 AM »
Ich schreibe mal in deutsch, sonst wird sich wieder über mein englisch lustig gemacht.
Marco hör mal auf das ganz runter zu spielen, du schadest ganz öffentlich unserem Ruf und wenn das bei dir im Forum so weitergeht, kannst du dich auf eine fette Unterlassungsklage einrichten.

Nachdem du mir einen PM wegen meinen lustiges deutsch gesendet hast. Hier, du kannst nochmal auf mir lachen!

Das Deine Median Version so Buggy ist und monster Lags verursacht,  hast du ja offensichtlich schon selber gemerkt und ist nicht unser Problem. Wenn ein MODer uns sagt, eine Version ist compatibel, verlassen wir uns darauf und man kann nicht von uns verlangen, 2 Tage später nochmal einen Wipe zu machen, schonmal gar nicht wenn wir Krank sind oder Arbeiten müssen. Stell dir mal vor, wir müssen auch arbeiten wenn wir krank sind (sogar Samstags und Sonntags), das ist so wenn man Selbständig ist und es ist eine Frechheit von Dir, uns vor der gesamten Com. als Lügner hinzustellen!! Ich will hier auch gar nicht weiter auf die ganzen Beleidigungen bei dir im Forum eingehen, das ist mir ganz einfach zu dumm und primitiv.

The monster densities were set-up by Laz, so blame him ;) . The version isn't buggy and the characters were compatible. But surprisingly, you are once again missing the point of the discussion! The reason why I complained was because after I asked a re-reset was because you couldn't disable NL, which btw, we are running 4 server hosters now and all of them knew how to do it. After you posted in D2M that there would be no reset, what about all the people that were told there would be a new reset? Ladder resets are supposed to be fun not as frustrating as this. I only asked for a second reset, but you didn't care about MY time either (I do all this for free too, btw.) and after a week of waiting you announced there would be no reset.

Du bist ein klarer Fall von Größenwahn und hast der gesamten Median Community geschadet und Brother Laz ist auch ziehmlich sauer auf dich.

You can try to hurt me (even trying with Laz) but it won't work. The MXL forums were DEAD for more than a month and it was ME the one who resurrected it with effort, and brought the community back together with more traffic than ever. Apparently 90% or more of the people that know about ultimative rather play it over MXL. It's not arrogancy like it might sound, only the facts and I think I have the right to mention.

Well main problem with you sunny is you're very unpleasant to the people you don't know. You can't even have a calm discussion in a 3rd party forum (this SnEj one), while me and others like selt are trying to cool down things, you jump with your usual anger again. Anger makes you weak, but saying this won't change anything, you will not open your mind. Most of my family is german so this attitude is very familiar to me, so I guess I don't even make an effort here.

Offline Seltsamuel

• Administrator
  • Duriel
    • Snej-Mod Homepage
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2013, 12:24:58 PM »
Hi,

@Helix
this here is the offtopic and indeed you are in the snej board but this board advanced the last years to much more than only a snejboard but in regards to D2SE and the other mods that choosed to make this board to their home too its now more like a D2 Modding Portal and im proud of this fact. See it as a second PK but without the limits in regards to modding. So this discussion is welcome here as far as no one is personally offending or diffaming others .. in short obeyes our TOS.

@Sunny
I dont think that assigning lawyers is needed here, but would be instead wasting of time and resources. I think MarcoNecroX is responsible enough to stop the diffamations and remove the topic at all. This escalated and wasnt planned the way it went so he should now correct this and then go his own way.

@MarcoNecroX
With disabling NL you mean a wipe? Normally with compatible chars D2M never does this as always ladderchars get nonladderchars. And to regards of wild resetting D2M wont do this at all .. like i gave inside my example .. the snej ladder now runs more than a year but the reset was denied and i run against a brickwall because there was no patch and i know them personally so why you think they would do it for you? As i wasnt involved what reasons you had for the reset if the chars were compatible and there was no bug? As you see i want to mediate here a little bit and on this way i ask you to remove the topic in your board and take your rule as head of the community to stop the diffamations. At last i hope there is enough respect to go the own way without the need to damage the reputation of a long existing realm that always tried to help the modding scene. No one ever forced you to use them but do not kick them as you leave now.

Greetings

Seltsamuel

Offline MarcoNecroX

• Little Pickpocket
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2013, 12:42:34 PM »
@Selt: The problem was: I asked them to move ladder characters to NL instead of removing them (that was my part of the fault) but they seemed not to work there well (their fault) allowing NL characters to crash entire servers. So the fault were from them and me. But instead, they blamed it on me, promised a reset the day after, but after leaving us 1 week waiting they decided there wouldn't be another reset (to delete NL chars, so that noone would stay in NL).

Here is the problem: just like they use their free time to host their server, I do the same for the mod. It is a shared work, but they think I 'owe' them something. I know they work and all that, but why they don't give me any dates on new reset and decide to cancel it afterwards? People just asked for a DAY, information. And here is where I think Sunny is completely unpleasant for the users, she likes having users waiting all day instead of telling us a day (which only takes a post in the forum, which I'm sure they have time for that). We know they work and all that, because they repeat it an unnessesary amount of times, and no matter how much they work, it doesn't give them the right to disrespect other people's time. And I am not talking about JEBs here. I don't have anything against JEBs I really respect him. He has what is needed for such thing, a strong attitude and not making fun of himself for anger.

Offline Faust

• Global Moderator
  • Boneash
  • Memento mori
    • Art-Anvil
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2013, 03:50:33 PM »
If you respect them, why did you crash the realm and got users of your forums to do the same? Just to annoy the guys providing you free service? Servers cost - bandwith, electricity, maintenance. You waste their time by doing childish stuff like this and motivate your players to do the same. Can't be too hard for you to understand why Sunny is annoyed. One can read everything about this in several topics of your forums and it is kinda sad that a guy like you who enjoys blaming others for things you did yourself.

You crashed the servers => your players could not play.
Your version:
They didnt do what u want => You crash the server => it's their fault that you users cant play.

The nice way would have been to say to sunny that this behaviour will most likely lead to crashes - you do not have to make this public, neither do you have to abuse it yourself.

This is a bit easier to just blame others for your childish behaviour, isn't it?
I could go on with this, but i dont know you, i didnt even know you were the new median modder - but i personally do not value people who blame others for their own actions. Just get an own server and look how easy it is to get the same thing done Jebs and Sunny do for free. There you can disable stuff you want, crash the servers, disable anticheat, disable word filters and allow all nicknames you want. But it's their server and their rules that you should respect if you use it - or if you dont no longer use.
If they do not have time to tell you a day - or simply forget it due to stuff they have to do - then it's what it is.

Another problem is your "Freedom of Speech" you value - freedom stops, where it cuts the freedom or dignity of another person. That should be normality for all people, not just some...

And it's nothing personal - just my thoughts on the topic.

Offline MarcoNecroX

• Little Pickpocket
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2013, 11:52:21 PM »
If you respect them, why did you crash the realm and got users of your forums to do the same? Just to annoy the guys providing you free service? Servers cost - bandwith, electricity, maintenance. You waste their time by doing childish stuff like this and motivate your players to do the same. Can't be too hard for you to understand why Sunny is annoyed. One can read everything about this in several topics of your forums and it is kinda sad that a guy like you who enjoys blaming others for things you did yourself.

You crashed the servers => your players could not play.
Your version:
They didnt do what u want => You crash the server => it's their fault that you users cant play.

It's obviously a lot easier to judge from a 3rd party position. But obviously not everyone knows the whole story or time lapses...
It seems this "NL" crash was possible ever since MXLU was added, almost a year ago. Or half. Some people have been doing it already before I even knew it was possible.

The crashes "I did" were only about a few hours before MXLU was unhosted. The crashes were AFTER I had decided to shut down MXLU realm.
Why did I crash it, you might ask? To get attention from players and make them stop play. Why? Because the decition to shut it down was already taken.
Last time I was trying to make an announcement as well (telling people there would be a second reset) I repeated it over channel several times, but guess how that worked out? Most people didn't find out because my powers were restricted to channel announcements only. So this was the only method to get people in channel to damn read.

So yes, this is the core of the crashes. It wasn't to "not let people play", it was to warn them MXLU was being shut down. It was also to show the irony on how supposedly 'my mistake' was making several games crash, which makes it obvious it wasn't a patch bug like they have been accusing me of.

Secondly, I did around 10 crashes and I didn't get anyone in MXL forum to do it. I just told them how because they were intrigued. The other ~50 crashes were done by someone else who I don't know who is. I take responsability for the crashes I did, but whoever was it that did the others I don't even know who he is.

The nice way would have been to say to sunny that this behaviour will most likely lead to crashes - you do not have to make this public, neither do you have to abuse it yourself.

Someone else (might be the one who actually found out this could be done long ago) said it public. I said how it was done in MXL forum, but FYI, most people from MXL forums are banned in D2M for some stupid reasons so they didn't participate.

But it's their server and their rules that you should respect if you use it - or if you dont no longer use.
If they do not have time to tell you a day - or simply forget it due to stuff they have to do - then it's what it is.

And here I have to repeat it (again). I already said several times where my disrespect towards them comes. It's not because their rules (which I find stupid, but that doesnt matter), it is because their treat to the users. That unwelcoming attitude towards most players. They can have all the rules they want, and FYI, in about 4 years I played there I got banned only once (for a game name with the word fuck, ohh) so hey, I pretty much know about rules, but like I said, it has NOTHING to do.

People keep bringing these arguments (their servers, they pay, they have no time, etc.) and I don't accuse any of those. I already said my disrespect comes from mistreat to users. And this is proven already many, many, many times so I know noone can contradict that they treat users with courtesy.

The supposed fact that "they don't have time to tell a day". I get they don't have time to do a reset, but time to tell a DAY, is nothing than a damn forum post and apparently, YES, they HAVE time for that. Using that argument is what I call "blindly defending them". Because you can't say that making a post in a forum takes more than 30 seconds after she spent over an hour doing forum post to update her biggest hobby: the banlist. Saying this is a fallacy, you could argument anything saying they don't have time, because in the end, noone is technically able to find wether that is true or not. But, given the facts and what we see, they indeed HAVE time to make at least a single post so that users don't have to wait - but no - she rather haves everyone waiting because that's her attitude.

Either way, given the fact that this is a D2M forum, I honestly don't except more than everyone being against me. I knew at least Seltsamuel would make an effort to get my side of the story just like he has the side of D2M . Because that's how you build an opinion, getting the story from both sides. I think I said pretty much everything now, and I've came to the point where I need to repeat myself.. Because you can easily get into a looping discussion when the other side is not willing to understand what is really going on. There are still parts I didn't mention like the fact you can dupe anything due to their 'anti-cheat' system. Apparently they knew duping was possible, because their anti-cheat rolls characters back after they hit max size. Oh, that is my fault too?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 12:05:19 AM by MarcoNecroX »

Offline Rockstar

• Bloodraven
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2013, 12:12:05 AM »

proceed :) no but seriously, I do appreciate all the work put into mods and upkeep of servers.

Offline AlphA

• The Summoner
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2013, 12:33:37 AM »
Either way, given the fact that this is a D2M forum, I honestly don't except more than everyone being against me. I knew at least Seltsamuel would make an effort to get my side of the story just like he has the side of D2M

??? Who is against you except the people who where against you before? Isn´t it Seltsamuel´s forum?!? It has nothing to do with D2M. Well, as said before. Both sides should stop now and go their own ways. Doesn´t help anyone if we continue here.

MfG
AlphA

Offline Seltsamuel

• Administrator
  • Duriel
    • Snej-Mod Homepage
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2013, 12:54:17 AM »
Hi,

@AlphA
it still is hosted by D2M on servers of D2M, its my administration and im responsible for updating the files and such.

@MarcoNecroX
But beside the fact that this board is hosted on D2M servers you can be sure that this does not change my point of view or what i have to say or not. Beside the fact that i meantime work as administrator at a bigger webhostingfirm and as such have the resources to use my own machines and domains without any sweat i think Sunny & Jebs respect me enough to be not so childish to shut me down because i tell my opinion and this respect goes into both directions so i can trust on it and could ever. Maybe this type of respect got lost on your relationship to them or had never existed in the same way.. i really do not know. What i absolutely know ist that some mistakes were made and obviously from both sides, but the flamewar has to stop as this is and never was the way to solve such issues.

Greetings

Seltsamuel

Offline AlphA

• The Summoner
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2013, 10:06:08 AM »
HAHA. Well, I see it now. Never noticed before:P.

MfG
AlphA

Offline moscito

• Web Mage the Burning
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2013, 02:43:00 PM »
JM-Forum nicht erreichbar?

evtl liegt das auch nur an meinem (veralteten ?) Link, aber unter:  http://jmdownload.de/myforum/index.php?  komme ich nicht mehr dahin, wo ich sonst hingekommen bin - any ideas?

Falls das nicht an meiner Adresse liegt: vielleicht kann jemand Eimer erreichen und fragen ...
Acc: moscito
----------------------

„Viele Frauen wissen nicht, was sie wollen, aber sie sind fest entschlossen, es zu bekommen.“ (Peter Ustinov)

Offline AlphA

• The Summoner
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2013, 03:15:32 PM »
Scheint off zu sein. Hab auf die schnelle nur die HP zur Johnnys Mod gefunden.

Hier

MfG
AlphA

Fingerpicker

« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2013, 05:54:31 AM »
Phew, that was a lot of text in english before 6 o clock in the morning ;), sorry guys, i just asked for a better understanding... :o

Offline moscito

• Web Mage the Burning
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2013, 12:33:50 PM »
Kurzform: MarcoNecroX (derzeitiger Modder von Median) hat nach einem Zwist/aus diversen Mißstimmigkeiten die Mod nicht mehr auf D2M hosten lassen. Ob infolge dessen oder bereits vorher so geschehen, das entzieht sich meiner Kenntnis - aber es gab eine Art Flamewar gegen Sunny und Jebs (oder nur gegen Sunny - beides Schwachfug in meinen Augen!) im Median-Forum , während dieser Aktion müssen einige unschöne Worte und noch üblere Bilder gefallen/gepostet worden sein (sorry, bei Hitlerbildern hört bei mir leider der Spass auf) .

Ich bezeichne sowas als schwache Moderationsleistung seitens der dortigen Foren-Leitung, und ganz allgemein als Kindergarten - unwürdig nur.
Acc: moscito
----------------------

„Viele Frauen wissen nicht, was sie wollen, aber sie sind fest entschlossen, es zu bekommen.“ (Peter Ustinov)

Offline UltimateDarius

• Little Pickpocket
  • Snej Acc: UltimateDarius
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2013, 11:01:09 AM »
Hallo Leute
Schöne Taverne habt ihr da^^
Ich wollte mal fragen wieviel Snej mom noch gespielt wird? Und ob ihr auf Grobi spielt oder wo?

Bin eigentlich immer in öffentlichen Spielen auf Grobi, da es mit mehreren Spielern viel mehr bock macht. Also wenn ihr auch mal Bock habt, können wir gerne mal zusammen spielen. Ist halt SC nicht HC da ich wegen Serverprobleme, dies nicht traue^^

Bin zwar noch nicht lange dabei und kenne mich noch nicht so gut mit Snej aus aber...
...Snej ist für mich das richtige Diablo 3, denn es hat Diablo 2 um viele neuerungen reicher gemacht, die anders als bei Diablo 3, sehr motivieren sind! Danke an die Modder!
MfG
Barbarian Lvl 448
Amazon Lvl 457
Paladin Lvl 408
Stand: 21.02.2013

Offline Eimernase

• Bloodraven
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2013, 09:25:13 AM »
JM-Forum nicht erreichbar?

evtl liegt das auch nur an meinem (veralteten ?) Link, aber unter:  http://jmdownload.de/myforum/index.php?  komme ich nicht mehr dahin, wo ich sonst hingekommen bin - any ideas?

Falls das nicht an meiner Adresse liegt: vielleicht kann jemand Eimer erreichen und fragen ...

Keine Sorge, du bist nicht alleine mit dem Problem.
Irgendwas stimmt mit der Datenbank nicht, aber frag mich nicht warum....ich hoste das Forum ja nicht, sondern Rekrut und ich kann ihn nicht erreichen.
Keine Ahnung ob da nun jemand rumgespielt hat oder ein böser Bub uns einen Streich spielen will...der Zustand ist jedenfall seit einigen Wochen bereits so und ich selbst kann daran leider nichts ändern. :-[

Offline AlphA

• The Summoner
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2013, 02:22:35 PM »
Wenn es interessiert: Christchurch Erdbeben. Ist ein ganz interessanter Artikel. Mit einer Ausnahme auch soweit ich das beurteilen kann auch korrekt. Von der Innenstadt sind inzwischen nur noch einige Teile gesperrt und es gibt bereits ein geöffneten Weg durch die Mitte. Man muss also nicht mehr ewig drum herum laufen.

Jeder der mal dort war weiß was für eine schöne Stadt Christchurch war, wieder werden wird:).

MfG
AlphA

Offline mutantx

• Bloodraven
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2013, 05:02:32 AM »
Keine Sorge, du bist nicht alleine mit dem Problem.
Irgendwas stimmt mit der Datenbank nicht, aber frag mich nicht warum....ich hoste das Forum ja nicht, sondern Rekrut und ich kann ihn nicht erreichen.
Keine Ahnung ob da nun jemand rumgespielt hat oder ein böser Bub uns einen Streich spielen will...der Zustand ist jedenfall seit einigen Wochen bereits so und ich selbst kann daran leider nichts ändern. :-[

halll Andy

Wie wärs  denn wenn du deine Hompage für Neuigkeiten zu deinen Mod verwenden würdest .

Ich scharre schon mit den Hufen, ;D

Gruß

Steffen

First only LVL 500 ASSASSIN in 6.0.04 and 6.0.06

Offline Eimernase

• Bloodraven
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2013, 09:58:41 PM »
Hi Steffen,

das hätte ich wohl weitaus früher machen sollen, heute ist der Zug eher abgefahren.
Ich habe ehrlich gesagt seit 3 Monaten nix mehr an meinem Projekt gemacht, weil es mich jedesmal nur noch mehr frustet.
Das Spiel ist fast 13 Jahre alt und ich bin auch nicht mehr der Jüngste der die Zeit und Muße hat, sich stundenlang mit irgendwelchen Popelkram auseinanderzusetzen, der dann nichtmal 1% vom eigentlichen Spiel ausmacht.
Ich denke auch nicht, daß ich irgendwann nochmal damit weitermachen werde, ich kriege schon allein bei dem Gedanken das Spiel zu starten graue Haare....da ist null Motivation mehr vorhanden, egal ob Vanilla oder Mod.
Klar, D2 ist DAS Spiel, was mich die längste Zeit begleitet hat, aber ausgenudelt bleibt ausgenudelt....ich kanns einfach nimmer sehen, möge es in Frieden ruhen.

Ich werd wohl den ganzen Blödsinn zum Modden der bei mir noch so auf der Platte rumliegt in nächster Zeit frei veröffentlichen....vielleicht hat ja der eine oder andere Bock drauf damit was zu machen.....ich hab jedenfalls nicht mehr die Lust ewig Zeit damit zu verplempern.
Irgendwann muß halt mal Schluß sein damit.

Offline Seltsamuel

• Administrator
  • Duriel
    • Snej-Mod Homepage
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2013, 11:40:45 PM »
Hi,

das ist sehr schade. Ohne Motivation macht das ganze aber wohl eher keinen Sinn. Ich selber habe mehr Motivation als Zeit sehe aber auch das D2 so wie es ist recht ausgenudelt ist.. ist auch mit einer der Gründe warum ich unmengen an Zeit darein stecke die Gameengine zu modernisieren anstatt irgendwelche txt Dateien umzufrickeln um ein schnelles Ergebnis zu zaubern. Auch wenn viele das nicht verstehen können oder wollen ich selber sehe darin die einzige Zukunft.
Ich hoffe Du bleibst uns trotzdem noch erhalten, wenn schon nicht als Modder, dann doch hoffentlich als "Schatzkiste der Erfahrung" für so den ein oder anderen Plausch.

Gruß

Seltsamuel

Snejportal  |  General  |  Off-Topic (Moderators: SirSamusAran, eviL, }{eadhunter)  |  Topic: Atmas Tavern

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines  Snejtheme V2 by Seltsamuel/Faust (based on Helios Multi by Bloc)
gfx